3.26.2010

Well I'm not you and yes it is different

I'm not sure if you've seen the commercial on tv where the characters are talking about how they are not a number, they are not just a patient, they are human and they are people that want what's best for their situation.
Sadly I have grown fond of that commercial. Because it's how I feel. Evan is a person. I am a person. Our family is made up of four God created human beings. And we want what's best for our situation. Not what might be a good alternative or what one person might think will work. We want to know that decisions we make are what will lead to our lives returning to normal. And so far, that seems to be hard to achieve.
One of my least favorite things that people enjoy saying to us is, "Well you're just going to have to take control of your own health and worry about what you feel is best (blah, blah, blah)....."
GOOD LORD PEOPLE, do you not think that we are trying to keep control of what is going on?
Frankly I don't care if you think that waiting 3 more days to see a doctor is good enough. If that is the decision that fits best for Evan, be understanding! I want to just scream at people who think that we can't handle things on our own. We have relatives who apparently know better than we do. We have people at church who know what's best for us. We even have friends that put in their two cents. But what they all need to do is be supportive and pray that God will lead us down the path most favored by Him. And he is NOT going to lead us astray. So why waste your breath on telling us what we are doing wrong?
And while I'm ranting, I understand that your aunt on your dad's side had thyroid cancer and that she is just fine, but your aunt and my husband are different. And I understand that your neighbor had radiation treatment and she got out in 2 days and not a week. But she is not my husband. And I understand that your doctor was great and that your feel like we should see them too. But that's our decision to make. We'll ask you to send us the number if we need it.
All that being said, I am thankful for those of you who listen to our plans and agree and love and comfort regardless of whether you agree or not with decisions we make. It is nice to know that we have friends that came equipped with filters!

No comments:

Post a Comment