3.18.2010

If only I would listen

For weeks now I have been looking at Matthew 6:34. In case you don't know what it says, here is the text: "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." (NIV)
In some versions of this passage the word "worry" is substituted by the word "anxious". In my case, both of these words apply. I am both worried and anxious. And the interesting thing about my worry and anxiety is that I KNOW BETTER. I know that we will be taken care of. I know that there is a plan that was set forth for our lives even before we were born. I know, I know, I know. And yet I let the devil and the world around me seem bigger than God. And they are not. For I will continue to lean on God and pray that I will trust that he will lead us in the direction where we need to be.
Dear God,
I give you my worries, my troubles and my anxiety. And I will take the peace that comes only from my relationship with you. AMEN

2 comments:

  1. Need this reminder myself every single day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the reason Phil 4:6-7 are seared into my brain. You nailed it on the head... the world tries to cause us to believe our problems are HUGE while we lose sight of God. Seeing them side by side, you'd need a microscope to see our problems compared to our God's love and His ability to handle them. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete