3.10.2010

And so the journey continues...

To quote my husband, "It could have been better, but it could have been a whole lot worse."
And with that I will be thankful for how the doctor's appointment went today.
I think we both had mentally prepared ourselves for the worst. So it is hard to explain what our reaction was like when the doctor told us what Evan's scan results showed.
I think we were both relieved. So relieved that I feel like we might have missed asking questions and chatting more with the doctor. But that is ok. We have time to ask questions. Once the relief has it's moment of joy.
I still haven't told you why the relief so here goes. Evan's cancer has only spread to one area, the lymph nodes in the left side of his neck. Obviously we would have liked to have no spread at all. But it did and if we had to pick a place for it to spread, I imagine it would be the lymph nodes in his neck. Why you ask? Because they can be dealt with. And that is what our goal is- to deal with the cancer now and get it gone. So he will most likely be having a lymph node dissection (removal of the lymph nodes in his neck- left side). No chemotherapy, no radiation, just get in there and remove the remaining cancer. And that my friends is why we are relieved.
So I covet your prayers as we continue on getting answers about the next steps in getting this cancer completely out of our lives.
And I thank God that we got the results we did. And I love Evan.

3 comments:

  1. And I love both of you and am breathing a huge sigh of relief with you for it not being the worst.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news. I've been thinking of you all day and praying for you throughout. I'll keep praying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad that it's so hopeful and at least there won't be a quarantine this time :)

    ReplyDelete