3.15.2010

And in all things give thanks

I have decided today that I am going to make of list of a few of the things I am thankful for in light of all the things that life has entailed lately. Because as hard as some of this journey has seemed, the glory of God continues to shine brighter than ever on our family. So here goes- things I am thankful for:

1. Family- I have amazing in-laws (I hate even calling them that because they really are just a second set of parents to me). They do everything that we could ever need to get through the days. And they love the 4 of us unconditionally and with all that they have. I always feel like I must be in a dream since must people don't "like" their in-laws. But I LOVE mine and it is wonderful. And I so deeply appreciate that my mother-in-law tells me without fail that she loves me- because she does. And that to me is awesome.

And my parents are pretty amazing too. They are pretty busy these days, but never fail to call and ask how Evan is doing. And it is so sweet to me that my Mom begins to cry every time I talk about going to the doctor with Evan. She is his biggest fan and he is her favorite son-in-law.

And my brother called to tell Evan that he loved him the other day.

And my aunt who I never get to see called to say that she was praying for us daily and that she admired the love that Evan and I share.

All that being said- I am so very thankful for family.

2. Friends. We have friends that have been around since elementary school. Some from high school, college and church. Some have been around for 25 years, some for a year or two. But they all have managed to be ever present when we need them most.

We have best friends that have rallied around us and been constant support. We have friends from far away that have sent notes and well wishes. We've had dinners brought and problems handled for us. And I will never be able to thank everyone properly for all that they have done. But I will make sure and thank God for all of the wonderful people he has surrounded us with.

3. Church. It has been overwhelming to hear and see the number of people that have been praying for our family throughout this time. We have a really great church with people of all ages who truly care about those that they come in contact with. It's amazing to hear that a women's bible study spent time praying for Evan and our family as he went through treatment. And oh the food! They kept us fed when the last thing I was worried about was cooking. And for our church and its people, I am forever thankful.

4. Health insurance. I know that this is the greatest debate to ever hit Congress. But in my opinion, we are so very blessed to have insurance. It might not be the cheapest or the best, but good grief it has been one part of this whole journey that I have not had to worry about.

5. Good bosses. Evan's boss and my boss have been pretty cool about everything that has been going on. There have been so many appointments and times when we have been away from work. But both of them have really allowed us to do what we need to, when we need to. And it has been so nice to not have to stress out about work when we stress out are already stressing out about medical stuff. So again, I am thankful for good jobs and caring bosses.

6. My sweet little family. We have an angel for a daughter and a fun-loving sweet little son. They keep all of this very real for us. They are the reason that each day we fight harder to make sure all is well. They make us smile, they make life worth it all. They love Jesus and you can see it in them. They give us challenges but the rewards are not measurable. We love our babies and I thank God so much for allowing us to parent so neat little people.

And of course I am married to the greatest man ever. Who in my opinion has done the best he can to keep life as normal as possible right now. He has a sweet spirit a good attitude and is as positive as ever about life in general. And that's pretty amazing. And for him I am forever thankful and not worthy.

2 comments:

  1. Love this list. Love you and your family. And you are very worthy of Evan, who I agree is pretty great. But so are you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen and amen. Wonderful post. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete