4.28.2010

"When am I gonna have this baby??"


This is a question I get asked ALOT!

Why you ask?

Well, I've been given a strange gift.

I can predict the birthday of babies (SOMETIMES).

Until recently I would not have had to include the word "sometimes" in the sentence above as I was almost always right.

But lately, my "gift" has been a little off. It seems as though some babies don't want to conform to my time line! And that's ok- I still love them anyway.

And plus, I always preface every prediction with "There are no guarantees". Because ultimately I know it is all in God's hands.

But it is not unusual to see a pregnant woman chasing me down at church to ask me when I think her baby might make it's debut into this world. I have even gotten a few emails to make sure that I would be at a certain place at a certain time so that I could give my prediction.

It's very funny actually. It's something I have become famous for.

Here are a few tidbits about my "gift":

-Evan calls me the "voo-doo" lady because he thinks it's just weird

-I have the greatest rate of success with first babies.

-Second babies I am usually wrong about by a few days it seems.

-I recently predicted the birth of a 7th child right on the head. That's a great accomplishment!

-I once predicted a birth within 15 minutes. And I gave that mom a date and time weeks in advance.

-I seem to have greater success with my predictions if I can sit and look at the mom for a few minutes. There is something about their face.

-And there is no secret to what I do- I'll tell you how I get my predictions. I look at the mom. If she has "the look" that I have grown to love, it's time soon- Like 24hrs! If the due date is several weeks off, a number will always pop into my head. Sometimes I ponder the number and turn it into a date. That's it. It's no secret.

It's just a weird talent.

Something that I think has made me closer to at least a few women because I have been able to spend time with them and get to know them better.



No comments:

Post a Comment