4.01.2010

And now to your questions...

1. What was your most favorite vacation? (submitted by Sarah)
The best vacation I think I have ever been on was to Alaska with Evan. We left Seattle on a cruise and went to Sitka, Ketchakan, Juneau, Glacier Bay and Victoria BC. We found out that the weather there the week we went was the best it had been in years. And the scenery was beyond beautiful. The air is clean and you just feel like you might be as close to Heaven as God will let us be on Earth. I highly recommend Alaska!
2. What is your favorite Super Six moment? (submitted by Bee)
Let me start by saying that there are so many. Most of them have been on our annual winter trips. Going to Cherokee was a blast, the Biltmore House was crazy cold but so fun and our cabin trips also make for a great time. My most recent fun memory involves the puzzle with the missing pieces. And then I have memories of times when the 5 of you have been there for me in the darkest of hours. And for those I am thankful.
3. In your very first post you said that you were 'returning' to blogging...when did you used to blog? and why did you stop? (submitted by Tiffany)
I started blogging June 2008 and ended in March 2009. Basically I just got bored with it and didn't totally understand how to make a blof interesting. So I quit. And it was easy to quit since I had 1 reader. And I have been using my new blog as a means of keeping me out of therapy. I love to sit down, write how I feel and get stuff off of my chest. It has been very theraputic during Evan's health stuff and I have even convinced him to blog for therapy. Good question!
4. Who is your hero/greatest life role model and how has (or what are some ways) that person (either directly or indirectly from observation) shaped who you are today? (sbmitted by Lauren)
Hands down- Rick Harper. I know that is a CCF answer, but he showed me that it is ok to be a common, flawed, beer drinking SOB and still love Jesus. I was completely lost when I got to Tech and God used Rick to show me that I am a Kingdom child, capable of being loved and capable of loving. And because of God and Rick, I now love others like never before.
5. Why did you pick that particular verse for your tattoo?
Philipians 4:13 is one of two verses that I know by heart. I am a simple Christian, and I have a terrible memory. So most of the time when I need to quote scripture, I have to look it up. And the other verse I know is john 3:16 and that is reserved for signs at the Braves game and not tattoos :). In all seriousness, I have to tell myself daily that "I CAN do all things through Christ who gives me strength", cause when life gets rough, that's all I have that is certain. And it took going through everything with Evan to finally make me make time to just go get the tattoo. And I don't regret it one bit.
6. If you still worked at Southern Mills in Senoia would you have already had your teeth pulled by now and would you be addicted to Mountain Dew and Hot Fries?
Honey, You know how much I would love to have dentures. So yes, I would have done like all good Southern Mills employees do and I would have had my teeth all pulled. Why go on brushing and flossing when you can just not worry about it? Of course, I would have to actually go through with ordering dentures to wear unlike all of my fellow employees. To me, a couple hundred dollars was worth having teeth. But they did not think so. And plus, dentures were just another thing to take care of. And as for the Hot Fries and Mountain Dew, over MY DEAD BODY would I consume either one of those food groups. But I know first hand that you do in fact not need teeth to make those a tasty treat. Gross.
7. From one hypo to another, how goes life with hypothyroidism?
Good question. I am at the best place I have been in a while with my hypothyroidism. But I know that that is short lived. About every 6 months I have to change medication dosage in order to keep myself happy and healthy. Maybe that will change, but it sounds like my thyroid has decided it just gives up. Which is funny since Evan ended up with thyroid cancer.
I am not happy with my weight but I think if I took charge of my health, I could make that better. Sometimes I am tired, but not as much as I used to be. I have managed to grow eyebrows which is a huge deal! And I have taken almost complete control of the psychological part of being hypo. Which is a good thing since Evan did not need a crazy unbalanced woman trying to help him through cancer. So I am thankful to God for getting my thyroid in check while Evan's went nuts.

Thanks for all of the thought prevoking questions. This was alot of fun. And thanks for keeping up with my life as I like knowing that people find my thoughts worth reading.

3 comments:

  1. I am devastated that I missed participating in a giveaway. Sad times that I just discovered your blog. I'm going to ask a question anyways. Whose birthday do you miss celebrating with fun times outings the most? Or, how many times have you recreated camaro hair's look for yourself?

    ps - this is katy baker

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you had hypothyroidism...my mom has 'hyper'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome. Love it. I bet Evan couldn't even eat 12 McRibs.

    ReplyDelete