4.12.2010

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday

Yesterday (Sunday) took me completely be surprise.
I didn't prepare myself to be emotionally bombarded.
But it happened. And I was overwhelmed. But it was good.
Kinda like a cleansing of my soul.

Our Sunday School message was about the impact you make as a Christian outside of church.
I had to think about what I do. I like to give to others. I like to sponsor events. I love to host people at our house. I go all out when I know people are coming over. I like to give gifts and flowers.
But I can do more. I can always do more. And I have my eyes wide open to opportunity.

The sermon yesterday was about wanting to give up. I wish I could say that I haven't had that feeling. But too many times I find myself with my hands in the arms saying "I'm done" or "I'm over it". The problem is I don't have the option of being done. I've got 2 kids and a husband who depend on me to be a part of the team even when it's not fun to play anymore. And it is only through God that I continue to play the game and not just quit. Which strikes cords close to my heart because I have known so many people in my life who have chosen to quit. Relationships have been broken, lives forever changed. And all of these situations have one thing in common- God was not put first. And I will put Him first, and I will not quit. No cancer and no burden will be too much. I will not quit.

The worship music before and after the sermon was beautiful. But my heart chose that time to break down. The tears flowed and I was sitting on the front row in front of hundreds of people. But there was not a thing I could do. I was completely broken. Emotionally spent. But thankful to God for all He has done. And as I held the hand of the man I so love, I realized that my tears were not the only one's flowing yesterday. We are both broken and thankful. Suffering but rejoicing in a time of worship. We have pure love because we let God be in control.

And finally, yesterday I was reminded that I am a miracle. Someone that was completely lost. I should have amounted to nothing. But I was found. I was shown love and I was taught to love. And in return I have 2 beautiful kids and a husband who is amazing. I am a miracle.

3 comments:

  1. So thankful for you and the beautiful gift of frienship you've given to me. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful...your post made me teary...wish we had been there, I think that's a sermon everyone could use! We're praying for y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a good, cathartic day. By the time I remembered I had one unused, crumpled tissue in my purse I was going to give you I saw that you had one and were giving one to Evan. I cried with you. Thank you for allowing us into something I'm sure is not easy to share. We love ya'll.

    ReplyDelete