10.19.2010

Move over Tony Hawk


Britton is very rough on shoes.
I'm not sure he has ever had a pair for more than 1 month without wearing them out.
It's pretty amazing actually. He can wear the soles out, rip holes in the toes, make them smell like death and embed them with mulch in just one wear.
So recently, it was time to replace his shoes.
I should mention first that the kid got his feet from me.
And I got my feet from my dad.
Basically, we have block feet.
They are as wide as they are long.
Like Fred Flintstone.
And it is IMPOSSIBLE to find shoes for this type of foot.
But we found the secret this past weekend- skater shoes!
Specifically VANS!
Our cute little man is hard pimpin' some skater shoes.
And he loves them. And we love them because they slide right on.
Apparently, skater shoes are super wide because of how flat and spread out they are to keep you on a skate board.
Who knew?
Well we do now. So all shoes going forward will be some awesome shade of black or gray and might include skulls and crossbones.
But if it means I don't have to pry the kids foot into a shoe every morning- skater shoes it is.
I should also mention that as soon as we said his shoes were made for skaters, Britton was insistent that he needed a skateboard.
I'll call you when we get out of the emergency room.

1 comment: