10.22.2010

The Incredible Shrinking Man and his wife

Dear Friends, The picture at the bottom of this post should totally make your day.
If my memory serves me correctly, Evan and I started dating in late November 1996 and this picture was taken the next month in December 1996. We had been dating a month.
It was taken at Evan's dad's graduation from a Masters program at Tech.

As you can tell, we did not pick each other because of our good hair.
Evan had some strange slicked back Mafia look going on.
And I had yet to let go of my big bangs.
We were hot right?
But what I would like to point out most about this picture is how scrawny we were.
This was obviously before we figured out we both like to eat!
I know for a fact that Evan was at his skinniest size as an adult.
And I might have been a buck twenty.

And guess what?
Evan is getting pretty darn close to the weight he was in this picture.
Dude has lost 24+pounds in 7 weeks!
It's so bad that Weight Watchers is sending him hate messages about how he needs to consult with his doctor because he's losing weight too quickly.
What they haven't factored in to his weight loss is that he's burning 600-700 calories a day running. He's become a health machine. My hero.
And I haven't done so bad myself.
I lost 3.2 lbs. this week. Bringing my total to 14.4 pounds. I like it.
And I am officially right below the point were I told myself I would get a little reward.
So I'm pretty excited.
And I also told myself that I wasn't buying any new jeans until I was down 15 lbs. or more.
So hopefully next week I can get a new pair.
The one's I'm wearing now are lookin' a little droopy!

2 comments:

  1. great job, bryants!!! i loved WW. especially the online features with the graphing. do yall go to real meetings too? maybe yall can dust off those sweet outfits (turtleneck dress?) and sport them when you hit your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes! This is totally my favorite picture ever. So glad you posted it. Very proud of you both. I want to go jeans shopping too!

    ReplyDelete