10.06.2010

Bionic Mouth


Yesterday we went and visited our new favorite dentist, Dr. Jason.
Yes, he let's you call him by his first name.
If I had to guess, it's because his dad started the practice and he was the first Dr.Lee.
Thereby making it confusing to have 2 Dr. Lees.
So he is Dr.Jason.
Or Mr. Jason as Haley called him yesterday.

So anyway, we were there for Haley to have impressions and pictures made for her new contraptions that will be going in her mouth in two weeks.
Technically, I think they are called expanders. To expand her pallet.
Sounds like fun huh?
And she gets the bonus of having to have 2 expanders, one top and one bottom.
Because she has a tiny little mouth.
You could have fooled me since that little mouth can speak a whole bunch of words.
But I digress.
And after she wears the expanders for 3-4 months, she will then have a new set of contraptions made that are called twin blocks. Those are supposed to force her bottom teeth forward and her top teeth backwards to give her a new and improved bite.
Sounds painful to me, but I'm not telling her that.
What I am telling her is that she will thank us when she gets to middle school.
As Dr.Jason says he feels certain she will have a nice bite and a beautiful smile by then.
Oh, and I also threatened her life if she didn't wear the retainer things and/or lost them.
Because I once lost a retainer and it was hell on earth for me. So it's only fair.

You can't say I'm not giving you quality reading lately. I mean who doesn't want to hear Weight Watchers updates and Dental Procedure Updates? I mean really people, I should be charging for this stuff. That way I could make enough money to pay for Haley's new bionic mouth.

1 comment:

  1. Poor Haley (and Mommy and Daddy's wallet). But she will be grateful. And it is your right to threaten that retainer thing. I think it is required by the mom code.

    ReplyDelete