10.12.2010

Eyes Wide Open

I have not felt like being on a diet this week.
I'm tired of eating chicken and veggies.
But I know in the long run that eating right will make me healthy.
And that's what I want to be, healthy.
So when I was discouraged and ready to eat some bad for me meal today, I was sent a visual gift.
I was sitting in the parking lot at Wendy's eating my plain baked potato and side salad.
Not the meal I wanted- I hate Wendy's.
And as I sat there, I thought about how nice a Frosty would be.
Or some french fries.
And then I looked in front of me and I saw the Pizza Hut parking lot.
Ohhh- pizza. How I love pizza. I would love some pizza.
But then the focus of my attention changed and I began to look at the droves of people filing into the Pizza Hut. Most of the were local Delta and Airtran employees from the airport.
And they had all ridden in cars to get to Pizza Hut.
What I noticed most about these people though were that they weren't fit and lean.
Most of them had love handles and guts. The typical picture of an American today.
There was the occasion slender companion, but I imagine they were there for the socialization.
And then I turned my attention back to Wendy's and I noticed that a large number of people going into Wendy's had walked from work to eat.
And they were often times leaving with one of those familiar bags you get when you order a salad.
So I took one look at my potato and salad and was thankful I decided to eat that for lunch.
Because I want to be an example of good eating.
I want to take care of the body that God gave me while I am here.
Thank you Pizza Hut for scaring me straight!


2 comments:

  1. I am very proud of you for all of the tough choices you've made lately and for all of your hard work. Keep it up because it really is paying off. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, girl! What a great story! I look at people going into restaurants we eat at all the time and think, I don't want to look like that, why am I eating here??? But I told Jorge this week, one phrase keeps popping into my head lately "Food is not pleasure, My family is pleasure"...I want to be around and active enough to enjoy my family...and no food is worth sacrificing that. So i'm TRYING to make a smart decision at every meal. I'm using "myfitnesspal.com" to keep me on track...i LOVE IT...it's kind of a combo of the weight watchers website and facebook...and FREE! hehe. Love you girl! you're doing so great!

    ReplyDelete