6.23.2010

Proud

Yesterday Evan received a package in the mail.
It was his number for running the Peachtree Road Race.
He didn't get to open the package until late last night, as we had been at a baseball game.
But I was there when he opened it, standing in the kitchen.
And at that moment, when he pulled the number out, I had an overwhelming sense of pride.
You see, it's Evan's first time running the Peachtree.
And it doesn't sound like much to some since 55,000 people run it every year.
But to me, it signifies the strength that my husband has.
He is a true warrior in my book.
He could be sitting around enjoying life without cancer appointments.
But instead he's busting his butt to get himself in shape.
And I love it. It makes me so proud of him and so proud for him.
He's proving every day that he can do anything he wants to do.
And I'm looking forward to July 4th like never before.
I don't care as much about the fireworks and the festivities this year.
I just can't wait to see Evan finish the Peachtree.
It will be a dream come true for a man who's dreams could have been ruined by cancer.
And it will be a dream come true for a wife who thanks God each day for placing Evan into my life.

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome that he's going to run the Peachtree! I've thought about attempting it in the past, but never have, and I don't have a good excuse like cancer. Congrats on everything - I'm so glad everything has come out as well as it has!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So well said. I am proud of him too and so grateful that he is healthy to run it!

    ReplyDelete