6.25.2010

Good thing we have an emergency fund!

I'm not sure exactly how much money we spent yesterday, but it was a bunch.
And it was all on "unplanned" stuff.
First, our air conditioner at home broke. The parts were covered under warranty, but the very expensive labor was not. I quickly figured out I am in the wrong business and am considering going to our local technical college for a degree in A/C repair. I'm thinking $170 an hour is much better than my current salary. And before you go and tell me about your friend that does A/C repair for much cheaper, we had to use these people for the warranty. So as much as I would like to have spent less, we were trapped. But as soon as our warranty is up, please send me to number of the guy that you know for high school or your great uncle's cousin.

And then our youngest kid decided to break. The poor thing had complained about his tummy hurting Wednesday night and we thought it was gas, constipation, rotten food or the like. And then is continue Thursday morning. Again, we thought it was 24 hours of something. Until my awesome MIL took his temp and it was over 101! So we got a quick appointment with the pediatrician who ran all kinds of tests and suggested we go to the ER at Scottish Rite. Good grief, really, like now?? Yep! So off we all went- MIL and kids in one car. Me in my car from work. And Evan in his truck from Newnan.
We had an amazing experience there and the people were so nice. I think we spent a total of 2 hours maybe there as we were taken right back to a room. Appendicitis was quickly rules out, and the doctor narrowed it down to some kind of bacteria/ parasite/ thing Britton has acquired. We will know more when his test results come in. But right now he can not be treated for anything but his stomach cramping. I will also mention that the medicine he was prescribed could only be found at 1 pharmacy for 100 miles around! Maybe they should take that one off of the list of things to prescribed. But thanks to the best FIL ever, the medicine arrived at our house at 10:00 last night after said FIL sat for a few hours waiting on it.
So the boy is at home resting with the occasional "ouch, my tummy hurts". Hopefully whatever creepy crawly he has will "exit the building" soon.
And finally, I went to the local Urgent Care straight after the ER visit to find out why my insides are killing me. I won't go into it, but basically I need to drink more water. My kidneys hate me.

So 2 office copays, 1 emergency copay, 5 prescriptions and an air conditioner coil later, we were done with Thursday.
And I thank God for giving us the sense enough to save some money so that we do not have to worry about where that money will come from.

3 comments:

  1. I already hated yesterday for you and reading the summary is just even worse. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one intense day! I hope everyone, including your pocket book, feels better SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank goodness for savings! And I'm sorry it was such a cruddy day. We missed y'all this weekend.

    ReplyDelete