6.10.2010

Mindless Ramblings

I tell you about my life so that you do not have to wonder.
Because when people wonder they begin to make up things that aren't true or don't make my life seem nearly as exciting as I think it is.
So I am an open book on this blog.
I have been criticized for using my kids names and pictures.
And some people think it is inappropriate to share information about Evan's cancer on the internet.
But you know what, I am at peace with my decision to blog as I do.
Because I want my friends to understand more about who we are as a family.
And many a prayer has been said to God because of information found on this blog.
And to be selfish, this blog keeps me off of the phone retelling stories and updates.
So I will blog openly.
You don't have to read if you don't like the fact that you can watch me like a train wreck.
You've been for forewarned.

And now, onto the show.
1. We picked Haley up from camp yesterday. She had such a great time she spent 4 hours crying about it. Her real reason for crying was because she hasn't slept her usual 10 hours in 4 days and she is exhausted. So if you looked at her the wrong way, she cried- out of pure exhaustion. It was kinda sad but pretty cute too. Because she was worn out from having a great time. I'm hoping she will have caught up on her sleep by the weekend because her emotions will not be cute for long. As a matter of fact, her daddy isn't amused already.
2. I don't have any cancer updates about Evan other than we'll know more in July. But I will update you on the status of his brain. I think he might be a machine or some kind of robot. He's been getting up in the middle of the night (that's what I call anything before 7 AM) and going to the gym. And lifting insane amounts of weights. And he's been running like a crazy man training for the Peachtree. All of this to me is complete craziness. But I am so stinkin' proud of him that I am going to put it on my blog. Because I think he is amazing. And he is doing great things for his health. Unlike his wife who enjoys sleeping in the morning.
3. Speaking of my health- it sucks. And it's all my fault. I am unhealthy. And I don't work at it. But I need to. So I am currently exploring all "healthy lifestyle plans" and I am going to change the way I live. It just might take some easing into. Because I will need detox for candy, Coke and red meat. But I promise you I'm going to change. Because I have too much to be healthy for.

Anything else? Nope, that's about it for now. Another glimpse into our lives.

1 comment:

  1. Good grief. Whoever said anything obnoxious to you is ridiculous. It's your blog. You can do and say whatever you want.

    ReplyDelete