6.02.2010

I know, I've been boring you lately

I haven't had many good posts lately.
That might be a good thing right?
Like maybe things are finally settling down.
But I know it makes for crappy reading to you guys, so I'm going to just blurt our a bunch of junk today to give you something to read and go "wow, she really is strange".
So here goes-
1. I am the only person in the world who could care less that Chick-fil-A is coming out with a spicy chicken sandwich. Why you ask? Because I am not a fan of Chick-fil-A. Ha! there I said it. Some of you are thinking I am headed straight for hell right now. But frankly, I can not make myself consume one more morsel of CFA chicken. If I eat there (because I have to), I get a base salad (that means no meat in CFA language), a fruit cup and a drink. And believe it or not that's like $8.00! Another reason I'm not a huge CFA fan- pricey! I know- shoot me.
2. I have some kind of something that makes me feel like I have the flu. Like a clammy, achy, hot and cold, sweaty something. And I was particularly amused when the boy at work told me that maybe I was pregnant. To which I replied that he better hope not since Evan and I would send the baby to live with him. This is funny only because this boy is 23 and lives with his mom and would not know what to do with a kid. He would just feed it french fries. PS- I'm not pregnant.
3. Evan turns 34 tomorrow. In case I haven't said it a million times, I love him. And I really appreciate the fact that we have no cancer crap going on during his birthday week. Because I want him to just be happy.
4. I totally freaked this lady out on the phone this morning. She was the person that answers the phone at a new dentist I am looking at going to. I had some questions for her and I think one in particular freaked her out. All I asked was if it would be ok for me to drop by and visit them sometime before I started using them as my dentist. I'm not sure she had ever been asked that. Because she didn't know what to say. She kinda stumbled and told me "sure, I don't see why not, but we just won't be able to disturb another patients appointment of course".
Why you ask do I need to visit the dentist office before going to see them?
Well, because our current dentist went to the 7-11 convenience store and hired all of the trashy, rude-mouthed smokers that he could find. And they keep a not-so-clean office and play country music as loud as the boom box on the counter will go. And did I mention he's closed 2 days a week and only takes appointments until 4?
So yeah- I'm totally over my current dentist. Cowboy boots and all (yes, he wears cowboy boots). So I want to visit this new prospect of a dentist to make sure that I do not make another mistake like I did when I picked the last one.
5. We are Dave Ramsey full spend ahead these days. We want to be completely debt free sooner than later so that I can "take it to the house". Yes, I'm ready to leave my prestigious position (ha) to spend more time with my kids.
So brace yourself cause we're going tightwad. But for a good cause.

That's all I've got for now. Enough craziness for one day I think, don't you?

2 comments:

  1. Life isn't always some dramatic affair, thank God! I enjoy the ordinary stuff, too. Keep blogging about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you don't like the dentist you're checking out, we use Dr. Johnson and Dr. Laney Smith in Sharpsburg. No blasting music, the place is very nice, the people are great, etc. Don't remember the name of the office off the top of my head, but here's their info:

    2712 Highway 34 E
    Newnan, GA 30265-1330
    (770) 304-0082

    ReplyDelete