6.07.2010

Missing "My Haley"

We sent Haley off to Woodland Christian Camp on Sunday. If you don't kow about Woodland, it's amazing. Evan and I had the opportunity to spent countless hours at Woodland when we were with Georgia Tech Christian Campus Fellowship.
And now we have the opportunity to send Haley there every summer to spend time having a blast and growing closer to Jesus.
Haley just loves it at Woodland. So much so that when we took her to her cabin, she gave us a quick hug, told us bye and expected we would be leaving immediately. Part of me was a little sad because she is growing up and doesn't need me as much any more. But I kept telling myself that she has such a good time and is so comfortable there, she is just ready to get the fun started. I can't take it personally because I am so thrilled that she gets to spend 3 days being her own person. No little brother and no worrying about the world around her.
Speaking of little brothers, Britton was a mess last night at bed time. He calls his sister by the name "my Haley" and last night he really missed her alot. The tears were flowing and he was very sad not to have her around. He kept saying "it's just no fun here without my Haley".
This proves she is a great big sister. Something I am grateful for.
I am glad they have a special bond.
So I pray Haley is having a blast. But we will all be ready for her to come home on Wednesday.
Because she is a very special part of our family. We love and miss "my Haley".

1 comment:

  1. Oh poor buddy. I know she will have a blast. How sweet that he misses his Haley.

    ReplyDelete