2.25.2011

So close

Much to my surprise and delight, I lost a nice amount of weight this past week.
1.6 pounds to be exact- bringing my total loss to 33.6 pounds in 24 weeks.
Not so bad! I have been a little impatient and discouraged at times, but every time I put on a smaller sized piece of clothing my motivation quickly returns.
I have just loved being a healthier size! And let's face it, they make much cuter clothes in smaller sizes.
Speaking of which, I am going to have to buy a whole new wardrobe! For the last few months, I have walked around sporting a few items bought out of desperation and several items that are just too big.
But I can't anymore- I'm starting a new job next week and the sloppy, barely put together, flip flop and jeans wearing Lori will have to retire. Brooks Brothers and Anne Taylor here I come!
Part of that excites me- the thought of new clothes. Part of it frightens me- mostly the cost of new clothes and the idea that I have to get up and make myself look decent every day.
But I'm really looking forward to what the future has in store.

4 comments:

  1. haha...oh i so love ann taylor loft...i would shop there everyday if i could. you SHOULD feel inspired to buy new stuff! cool new job and awesome bod! :) way to go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must have been all that leaf raking! Go Lori! So proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yippeee! So when does the curious blog following get to hear all about this job? :) Looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete