2.15.2011

Umm Surprise!

I'm not going to say I hate surprises, because some of them can be really great.
Like the awesome Valentine's Day present I was totally surprised with last night.
Beautiful earrings that I'm not worthy of wearing. Such a thoughtful and sweet gift.
The kind of surprise I love.

But then there was the surprise elementary progress report at 7:00 this morning where our overachieving perfect student daughter decided to take the plunge into B and C territory.
Surprise MOM and DAD- I'm not sure I get this whole 5th grade thing!
The part of her super smart brain that thought withholding her progress report until the morning made a bad decision. Because oops, mom is not a morning person.
So won't life be fun around our house the rest of the school year?? Absolutely.
There's a new sheriff in town. You can call me Mrs. Bryant- 5th grade teacher.

And then of course there is that really great phone call I received from my brother explaining that my dad was having a "procedure" on Friday and he didn't want me to know because he didn't want to worry me. Turns out that procedure involves his heart. Just his heart. The part of his body that keeps him alive. Oh no big deal right? Surprise!

And I've had approximately 10 other surprises thrown my way in the past 2-3 weeks. So much so that I actually called Evan to see if there is anything he needs to tell me. You know- Do you have a girlfriend? Are you really a woman? The usual questions. You'll be glad to know he has nothing to report. To use his words, he said at this point he is pretty "vanilla". Thank God.
Because I'm fairly certain I would believe anything I was told at this point.
I'm not surprised by anything as the idea of surprising me got a little muddled when everyone decided to do it all at once.

So if you have something to tell me- go ahead I guess. But if my head explodes in front of you, don't be surprised.

1 comment:

  1. Mrs. Bryant 5th grade teacher scares me so I'm a little afraid for Haley. :) Seriously, let me know if we can help in any way. Bribery for a day out with Bee for an all A report perhaps?

    ReplyDelete