12.07.2010

Something freaky I think

I was reading this post on my favorite blog Dooce.
In a nutshell, it's about pulling your kids teeth.
And then I felt it necessary to share something strange with you.
I think it's strange at least.

In our house, Evan plays the role of "Tooth Fairy".
Think Dwayne Johnson (The Rock) in that one movie.
He creeps around in the dark and finds the tiny little teeth and leaves money in exchange.
That's all well and good until this-
For at least 2-3 years it never occurred to me what happened after the tooth retrieval from under the pillow. I never even thought about what might have happened to the teeth.
Until one night I caught Evan putting a newly extracted tooth of Haley's into his man jewelry box in his closet. With the rest of them.
He has all of Haley's baby teeth. In a drawer. In his closet.
That's weird I think.
And what's even more disturbing is that it's genetic.
His mom confessed to keeping all of Evan's teeth too.
I can't remember if she still has them.
If she does, I don't want to know. Because I love them both and some strange habits are just better left to one's self.
And now I will also put some more icing on this cake-
Evan saved both of our children's umbilical cord stumps when they fell off.
You read that correctly.
We have pieces of dried up umbilical cord in Ziploc bags in our children's baby books.
They look kinda like raisins. Precisely why I don't eat raisins.
Is that gross or what?
P.S. i thought about taking pictures and posting them, but I'll save you from that.

4 comments:

  1. Ewww!!! I'll never eat raisins again! j/k I hate raisins. That is weird! I heard some people save their kids first poopoo-in-the-potty to remember the triumphant moment... they freeze it in a baggy... until God knows when, maybe they have to move out and decide if it stays or goes? Gag. Be glad Evan doesn't do that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure my mom has all my baby teeth, and we have all of Daniel's. Hell, I think we even saved some of the dog's puppy teeth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you spared us the photos...the tooth thing does freak me out and I have thought about it before...I don't want to be the one touching the teeth. Jorge can do that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yuck. That's all I can even say. Blech!

    ReplyDelete