12.03.2010

The Deepest Love


To me there is no greater love than that of a mother.
I truly love my children with every ounce of life in my body.
And I know that I have the ability to love like that because I have two great examples of the unconditional love of a mother.
My mom, "Mama", is the hardest working, no frills woman I know. She will do anything for anybody and will give up countless hours to make sure everything is perfect for you. She taught me to have fun and enjoy life but work hard when duty calls. I got my temper from her, but I also got my passion from her. She is the perfect example of strength and everything that is good about a Southern woman. My mom makes up a big part of my soul.

And my other mom, "Mom", did not give birth to me but loves me as much as the son she did give life to. She gave me the greatest gift I ever have received when I married her son, whom she and Roger raised to be a perfect man.
I can talk to her like a best friend. And I have learned a sense of true joy from her by seeing how she loves others. She is an example of warmth, grace and hospitality that is top notch. Beautiful, sweet and caring. She never fails to tell me she loves me. And she always knows what I need to hear. Not to mention, she is fun to shop with and even more fun to hang out with. I'm not sure how I got so lucky with a mother in law like her. I think you are supposed to always butt heads with your husband's mom right? Not me. I have a mother in law like no other.

So I am blessed woman. I have two women to follow. And more love than I know what to do with. I only hope that 22 years from now, Haley will feel the same way I do. Because I love that little girl more than I ever thought imaginable. And of course the same goes for her brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment