12.27.2010

Christmas in a flash


At about 7:40 on Christmas morning we woke up to this-
The sound of ukulele music.
Yes, the boy asked for and received a ukulele from Santa.
Jingle Bells has never sounded so sweet!

And Haley got her wish too- a NOOK color.
Our little bookworm can now read her books electronically and in color.
As much as Santa had to pay for this thing, I'm thrilled that she wants to read all of the time.
Money well spent!
And then there were the frogs. We now have 2 aquatic frogs- Kermit and Kudzu.
Santa had to reserve these crazy frogs since everyone else's kids also requested them.
This is what I did while the kids looked at all of their new toys.
I built a Trio Bat Cave.
It's made for kids ages 4-8 and I had a fairly difficult time getting all of the pieces to go together.
I wasn't feeling so good about myself, but I finally got it together. It's actually a pretty neat toy.

And then we ventured over to the Bryants and spent the day eating, opening presents and watching the 24 hours of "A Christmas Story" as shown above.
I got these really awesome splippers as a surprise funny gift from my father in law.
I felt it necessary to get this really awesome picture of me with them on.
Hot right?

And by the end of the day, the kids collapsed in front of the TV and we enjoyed watching it snow as we ate steak and red velvet cheesecake. This Christmas Day was perfect.



















No comments:

Post a Comment