12.10.2010

Learning Something New


Weight Watchers came up with a new program that launched last week.
It is called "Points Plus".
In a nutshell, it's pretty similar to the old program, but it takes more science into account when calculating points.
What does that mean?
It means carbs and fat are no longer as easy to eat on the plan and protein and fiber are your friends. Common sense right?
Yes. But I wasn't ready to have them fix what I felt wasn't broken.
I have been doing fine on the old program. I know it well.
And now it's different.
But after one week, I've decided it's not all that bad.
In fact, I managed to lose 1.8 pounds this week!
My total is 24.2. A mere 0.8 pounds from 25!
That number makes me HAPPY.
Not as happy as I'll be when I get to the number 40 (40 pounds- my goal).
But as for now, I'm just thrilled with my progress.
Oh and my now skinny husband is now down 45 pounds.
Hard to believe we were carrying around 70 more pounds 3 months ago.
Yikes and yay from progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment