8.18.2010

Twenty Ten

This year has been one I'm not sure I will ever forget.

I was visiting with a friend of mine in the hospital the other day. She is in her 26th week of pregnancy with twins and is on complete hospital confined bed rest. Her journey is one of long suffering. Each day is a trial with the hope that the reward in the end will be two sweet, healthy babies to take home.
As I sat on her bed and talked to her, she asked how we were doing. We spent a few minutes talking about Evan's cancer and our hope for closure soon. And when we finished talking she said something that really made an impact on me. I can't quote her exactly, but it went something like this:
"I'm almost scared for people to call me or text me or send me an email. It seems like every time I turn around, something is going wrong. Something bad is happening."
And she is right. We are surrounded by those that are facing trials and pain and hurt right now.
We have an 8 year old friend going through cancer treatments.
We have a friend who's father left this world suddenly.
We have friends in need of jobs to help feed their families and pay their bills.
I can't keep up with the number of surgeries that have happened this year amongst our friends.
And the list is forever long.

But I have to keep telling myself that God has a plan. And I believe that with all of my heart.
Sometimes it's not easy sitting back and watching the plan. But I have to trust that in all things, mercy and grace are present.
And I've learned that through all of the trials I see going on around me, in each, God is being glorified and the people involved are growing stronger. It might not seem like it now, but God is at work for the good.

So I pray healing, blessings and comfort for all of my friends who are hurting. And I thank God for allowing me to be a part of the lives of so many who I can help.

2 comments:

  1. Well said, Lori. Many of my friends, including you guys, going through trials have glorified God through it all. When things are hunky dory in life, that doesn't tend to happen as much. Clinging to Him in these times reminds us of His awesomeness and power. Thank you for being an example of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this post...I actually thought about doing a similar one recently...it has definitely been the hardest year for us of our lives b/c of stupid little things...but one right after the other! Not to mention these horrible things other friends and family are going through. God will get us through. We just have to try to remain positive and praise his name! Love you girl and love your blog!

    ReplyDelete