8.10.2010

So much to share

I am way behind on blogging- trust me I know.
And I keep getting subtle hints from those around me that I might need to post something for fear of losing their interest. Heaven forbid I lose one of my 4 readers right?
And my lack of posting has nothing to do with a lack of ideas.
It's actually the opposite.
I am overwhelmed by how much I have to post about. And I'm not even sure where to start.
And then there's the lack of energy.
I have been amazingly tired lately and I had a little run-in with the dentist yesterday that has given me a headache the size of Texas.
Speaking of Texas, I have a post all about my trip to Texas planned, but it might be a few days before it gets done. Let's just say the trip was such an adventure that it might take me approximately 4 hours to write about it. So you have something to look forward to!

As for what we've been up to:
I came home at 10:30 am Sunday morning from Texas. Evan and the kids were at church and I should have taken a nap. But the John Deere was calling my name, so I mowed the lawn. And I mowed the newspaper too. All over the lawn. It was like confetti every where. And you might think since it has been so hot that the wind would not be blowing. Wrong. The wind decided to blow when I mowed over the paper. And so I spent 30 minutes chasing tiny fragments of Target sale ads all over the lawn. As neighbors passed by and waved. And there was a man walking his dog that passed by to say "Hello! Uh-oh!" Wasn't that nice? He couldn't find the time to help though- he was too busy laughing and had to get home and tell his wife about the lady down the street that mowed over her paper.
And the rest of Sunday we spent shopping for last minute school items and groceries. Not too bad.
Monday was the first day of school. Both kids came home thrilled about their first day. And Britton managed to avoid being sent to the principal. So it was a good day.

Monday afternoon Evan had an ultrasound. The technician of course was not allowed to say anything on record, but she did tell Evan that it appeared as though there was no new growth she could see. Sounds positive to me. He also had the 1st of 2 shots he has to have in order to prepare his body for radiation and scanning. The second shot is today (Tuesday) and then the rest of the week has been changed up a little from the original plan we had been told.
As it turns out, Evan will take his tracer dose of radioactive iodine on Wednesday and be scanned on Friday. This makes complete sense, but is not what the nice lady from the scheduling office told Evan on the phone. So we have been a little thrown off but not by much. Plus- once you have been through everything Evan has been through this year, a few changes aren't really too big a deal.
Evan will be slightly radioactive after 2:30 on Wednesday, but we have been told not enough to be a problem to others. Then Thursday he gets to drink the "special juice" that makes his insides explode for 24 hours. And Friday it's off to a the body scan.
If I have not said it 100 times, this scan is everything to us right now. This scan could return us to normal life again. That's my prayer at least- normal life. And if for some reason the scan comes back showing something, we can handle that too. But right now, I'm praying for complete health for Evan. That's all I want.

If you can't tell, we've got a lot going on! School, scans, life. And over the weekend and Monday we are celebrating Britton's 5th birthday. So I'll hopefully find some time to keep you up to date on everything going on.
Keep the prayers coming for Evan this week please. And thank you for joining us on this ride.

PS- The diet is still going just fine. Evan is down 14+ pounds and when I put my arms around him, there is a big difference. I'm so proud of his weight loss and his ability to endure all that this diet has kept him from. He is absolutely amazing when it comes to will power and mental strength. I on the other hand have eaten very little for 3 weeks now, had a case of food poisoning and I weigh the same thing I weighed last week. I'm only down 7 pounds. But I blame that on being female and not being active enough. I feel pretty good though- that's all that matters right?

1 comment:

  1. I read your blog too! So make that 5 people waiting for updates :-) I'm praying yall as you go through the scan and get results

    ReplyDelete