8.23.2010

Perfect Saturday

There are no pictures we took to go with this fabulous post since our Saturday was not planned in advance.
We simply just did some really cool stuff on a whim.
Just me and Evan.
It was a fabulous day- especially since we spent it together.

A little back info- where were our kids?
They were at the lake with Evan's parents at a family gathering.
We had an awesome gathering to go to late afternoon Saturday and so we couldn't make it to the family lake day. Evan's parents were nice enough to take our kids with them so that our kids could see the extended family and we could go to our event kid-free.

It worked out perfectly for us. Evan's parents had a little trouble when they got caught in a torrential downpour out at the lake with our kids. But overall, I think the kids had a great day and the grandparents survived.

So anyway, they left at 9 in the morning, and we should have done some laundry and cleaned a little. But nope! I was ready to spend some quality time with my favorite man. And I've been dying to eat at a neat little restaurant I first heard about on my friend Keight's blog.

Tucked away in Chattahoochee Hills, GA, there is a neat little development called Serenbe.
It's basically a very cool neighborhood that has everything in the community you might need right down the street. There are shops, restaurants, a farmer's market, a real live working farm, an Inn and so much.
We were there specifically to eat at the Blue Eyed Daisy.


It was very good! We both had an omelet filled with all kinds of yummy veggies and lots of cheese. I would order that again. And the atmosphere is really neat. Several people looked like they just rolled out of bed to come down and have coffee. Very neat.

After breakfast we went over to the farmer's market.
A little small, but I think it's really targeting the people that live at Serenbe, so there is no need for it to be huge.
We bought some relish and some jam.
And I should have bought some of the tomatoes they had- they were beautiful.

After our visit to Serenbe was over, we had to go to Peachtree City to something up. And for some reason when we were sitting in the parking lot, I thought about the Southern Living Idea House. It's in Senoia, GA this year and I've been dying to see it. And we had no kids, so what better time?


So off we went!
And it DID NOT DISAPPOINT!
Let me just say now that I left there wanting to go home and do a million projects around our house.
Every detail of that house was perfect, and it happened to all be the style I love.
And of course we didn't have a camera. But there is a great guide they give you when you visit that tells you everything down to the paint color.
It's a must see!
Not to mention, the proceeds of the tour go to the Cattle Baron's Ball that benefits the American Cancer Society.
And seeing as I hate cancer so much after this year, I was happy to see my money go to this fund.
Please go see the Idea House. And if you do, call me and offer to take me along again!

And finally that day, we went to an awesome little celebration for a friend. Great food and great company.

I really love Saturday's that are free to fill with things we love to do. It's almost football season though, so not too many more free Saturday's, but I also love football Saturday's too!

2 comments:

  1. the only time i have ever eaten at the daisy was on may day when it was PACKED and the menu was limited but we had a wrap that was really awesome. you HAVE to eat dinner at the HIL sometime...i am thinking maybe in a week WHEN you have something to celebrate and splurge on. so okay, was the idea house that great? we live .5 miles from it and see all the signs but southern living doesnt seeeeem like our style. does it cost money?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's $10 bucks but all to Amer. Cancer Society- no profit. It's awesome. But country ecclectic, so if that's not you, you might hate it!
    And yes, we have plans to eat at the HIL!

    ReplyDelete