5.11.2010

You serious Clark?

My very favorite movie in the world is Christmas Vacation.
I think it is the single funniest movie to ever come out and I think I could watch it over and over again for days on end and never stop laughing.
And my very favorite quote in Christmas Vacation is when Clark turns to Eddie and says, "Eddie, I couldn't be more surprised than if I woke up tomorrow morning with my head sewn to the carpet."
And just like Clark, that's how I felt at 1:35 yesterday. I got a big surprise. As I sat in the waiting room at Emory University Hospital.
I looked up from my book to see an ultrasound technician headed toward me saying, "Miz Bryant, we're done with him." And so I followed her half way down the hallway when she turned to me and said, "We didn't even cut him or nuthin'!" To which I gave her a strange look. And she proceeded to say, "I'll let Mr.Bryant tell you all about it."
And he did. And I'm still surprised.
Because he told me there was nothing for the doctor's to look at. The cancer that was supposed to be biopsied yesterday is not there. There's nothing there according to ultrasound.
There is a good chance that the cancer is gone.
ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME??
Because that is the best news I have heard in 6 months!
But I hesitate to be excited.
Because there was no official paperwork. No fancy well-educated doctor that came out and wished us well. No balloons and streamer. Just an ok to go home.
But I am really very excited. We are both excited.
We just are in a state of shock and somewhat overwhelmed with disbelief.
It might be over. At least the hard part.
And it will be a life long series of check-ups and scans for Evan.
But good grief- it's over for now (we hope).

So I leave you with this- Thank you for your prayers. For your time and energy. For your love. But I ask that you continue to talk to God about complete healing for Evan. As this stuff needs to NEVER come back. And six months of cancer and treatment can really take a toll on you. So please don't forget him in your prayers. And make sure to say a special thanks to God for all He has done for our family.

And I hope that pretty soon you will not be able to come back here for cancer updates. We're moving on without cancer. Praise God.

7 comments:

  1. I, too, am in shock, although I know we should never be shocked at what God does. I can definitely see your need for the fanfare and professional 'closure' on the whole thing...but in the meantime, HALLELUJAH! PRAISE JESUS...and I know you couldn't see me, but I just threw confetti!
    Love y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, so happy. So I hope this means our 33 year old friend will soon be off the prayer list in the bulletin. Because I really don't like it there!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you so very much. Both of you. Actually all four of you. Just really more than you know. So happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tearing up with happy happy tears. Guarded, happy tears. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. PRAISE GOD! THAT IS WONDERFUL!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OUR GOD IS A GREAT BIG GOD! Rejoicing with you and your wonderful news! I will continue to keep all of you in my prayers. Go tell the good news!

    ReplyDelete