5.26.2010

Glimpses

Random pictures of our life. The life I love.


For 3 years, she has been a cheerleader.
She looks like a cheerleader.
She has the build of a cheerleader.
And now she has decided she wants to play softball.
I've been cutting his hair since he turned 9 months old.
I love a boy with a buzz cut.
But for some reason, we've decided to let it grow a little.
Not because it's the popular style.
Because we have never seen it longer than a 3 guard razor cut.
And because I have always wondered if his hair would curl like his Daddy's when it grew longer.
I wonder if I'll get tired of his little mop?
He sure is cute though.

There are 2 things wrong with this picture.
2 changes I have made.
1st- there is a book in my hand.
That's the 3rd one I've read in 3 weeks.
More books than I have read in 12 years.
2nd- those red fingernails.
They are red because I paint them to remind me not to bite them.
And I've gone 2 weeks without biting them.
Not a big deal for most, but HUGE for me.

See those boots? They are size 13 Georgia Boots.
6 months ago I would have been pretty mad that they were sitting in the kitchen (clearly not where they belong!)
But now I am thankful that they are there.
Because them sitting there means that Evan went to work and came home.
And that is the most treasured thing to me right now.
He is healthy and comes home to me and the kids every day.
What a neat life I get to be a part of.

3 comments:

  1. I love it. The boot part made me cry. I love that God has turned this situation into something so positive for y'all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post. And you four. I hoped you were letting Britton's hair grow out. This will be fun!

    ReplyDelete