5.25.2010

Stick a fork in me- I'm done

I have 2 points of focus in my life right now.
They were both brought on by the fact that Evan had cancer.
My life is forever changed because of it.
And it's a good thing. (That's the only good thing about cancer by the way)
But I should let you know, the old Lori Bryant doesn't have time for what used to bog her down.
Because I'll be a little busy trying to be a better person.
I've done a pretty rotten job for 31 years but I am ready now.
Ready to focus on 2 things
1. My relationship with God and
2. My family
If I can't get those 2 right then what would I really have?

So here's what I want you to expect from me going forward. Hold me accountable.
-I am going to be happier in general.
-I am going to praise and thank God like never before.
-I am going to spend crazy amounts of time with my husband and kids. This one I am good at, but I want to make the times together really count.
-I am not going to let others bring me down. I'm only interested in having happy conversations.
-I am going to do more for others. Because I know that is my gift from God. I am going to do things that hurt and things I don't want to do. Because it is worth it.
-I am not going to let my dislike of work make life miserable. In fact, I hope to see work go away by the end of the year.
-I am going to make better financial decisions.
-And I am going to open my eyes to the world around me and live with passion.

So there you have it. I'm done being my old disgruntled, complaining self.
I have nothing to complain about.
I have life, love and my God.
And hopefully I can use this blog to keep a record of how I'm doing.

2 comments:

  1. I'm proud of you. I have really seen you grow a lot in the last 6 months. You are an amazing woman.

    ReplyDelete