5.19.2010

He gets it honest


I hate to type this out, but Evan, you are right.
Our son is just like his Mama.
And I'm not sorry for that.
Because I like him just the way he is.




His stubbornness can be a bear to deal with sometimes.
But he's a boy who knows what he wants.
I like to believe this will turn into determination.
I think he'll probably move mountains one day.

His impulsiveness has landed him in the Principal's office many a time.
But that's his way of letting those around him know he means business.
I hope he will take this trait and uses it to be a great leader.
Someone who will take charge and run with his dreams.
I want him to know he can do anything.

And his need for order and structure. That is enough to drive anyone crazy.
But who doesn't love order and structure?
I feel certain he will thrive because he will always have his routine.

And all of these things, he got from me- his Mom.
As we sat with his teacher this morning for a parent/ teacher conference, I couldn't help but think of myself. Every trait his teacher pointed out about Britton are traits I too display.
I'm the one who is stubborn, impulsive and needs structure.
And look at where it has landed me.
I have a strong faith in Jesus.
An amazing husband.
Two beautiful, sweet and fun children.
And a life I'm proud to lead.

So it is my hope that Britton doesn't change a bit. I just hope he grows to learn that the traits that Mama gave him- the traits that God gave him, can be put to good use.
Oh how I love that boy.

1 comment:

  1. I love this picture of you two, but as much as he favors you, I actually see Haley in your face here! I love your perspective on his personality. You've embraced who he is while praying and working to apply those traits productively, instead of letting him run wild with them, like most (lazy) parents do. He is quite a delight to be around!

    ReplyDelete