11.28.2010

OH! Christmas Tree


At Home Depot with our Frasier Fir. This is the "Kids Tree".
The one we allow them to decorate on their own with all of the ornaments they have made and collected over the years. A tradition we started 3 years ago so that I did not have Waterford Crystal and Lenox Porcelain ornaments on the same tree with glittered pine cones and Popsicle stick reindeer.


Britton with my beloved poinsettia. Every year I get at least a few to put around the house. And it's not unusual for them to stay in the house until summer time.



The finished kids tree. We got wise this year and only bought a 6 foot tree so that they could decorate the whole thing themselves. Please make note of the colored lights. I am paying tribute to my childhood since we only ever had colored lights. And one day, I will sneak some tinsel onto this tree. Because what is a tacky Southern Christmas tree without tinsel?

And that would be our "Big Ass Tree". New this year, it is a 9 foot pre-lit beauty. It had to replace the 7 1/2 foot pre-lit we have used the past 6 years that finally just gave in and couldn't keep it's light aglow for another year.
Let me just say that this tree is insanely big and takes up a huge chunk of our living space. But it sure does make me a happy girl. I just love a big ole sparkly tree.

And the finished product. 2 trees. A decorated banister and all of the other decorations that 12 years of marriage have accumulated.
I just love Christmas!










1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Britton's face in the first picture. He looks like he's rubbing his hands together in order to concoct some sort of evil plan. :)

    ReplyDelete