11.07.2010

My burden is light

I have complained the last 5 days about the crappy week I have had.
And really, I have nothing to complain about.
I have a family that is healthy and safe.
A home for shelter and food to eat.
A God who loves me.
And yet I still find time to complain.
When what I should be doing is taking note of what all of my friends are doing.
They are writing about what they are thankful for.
I will not be doing a daily post about what I am thankful for. Only because I'm not sure I could remember to.
But I will tell you now that I am thankful because my burden is light.
And my burden is light because Jesus makes it light.
No matter how much weight I feel, it is not too much to bear.
And my hope is that I can bear the burden of others as well.
Through my prayers and offers, I hope that I can ease the load for others.
Or at least let them know that Jesus is with us to help get us through.
So that's what I'm thankful for- Jesus and the light burden I have been given.
And I am also thankful for the five girls in my small group that helped me learn this lesson tonight. I'm glad we are learning together and bearing each others burdens.

No comments:

Post a Comment