2.03.2010

Projects Around the House #1: Master Bedroom

I have decided that this year I am going to go room by room in our house and get each one exactly like I want it. My plan is to come up with a simple budget for each room, write down everything that I feel would make the room the best it could be, and execute the plan (staying within the budget of course!). I also hope to post before and after pictures and any ideas or cost savings I came across. So here is room #1: Master Bedroom.


I have already purchased the bedding and I got a fabulous deal! It is from the Martha Stewart Collection at Macy's. Originally priced at $229.99. Marked down to $99.99 and I got free shipping and 15% by using the internet! I saved so much that I went ahead and bought the pillows that come seperate (3 for $39.99). My total after tax and everything was $127 for good quality bedding!


Here's a quick picture:
I haven't figured out yet if the neutral color is more gold or taupe. If it is gold, we might not have to change the wall colors at all. If it is more of a taupe, we will probably go with a new wall color. Which is fine with me since our walls have been the same for 4 years. Paint would add about $40 to the cost of the project and some labor on our part. But not really a big deal since we enjoy painting.

As far as furniture goes, we NEED a dresser and two side tables. This is where the majority of the cost will occur in this room. I'm going to say that we could spend $750 and get what we need. We've been looking at Rooms To Go a little, but more effort will have to be put into getting reasonably priced quality furniture.

Finally, artwork and accessories are a must in here. It looks so bland and juvenile right now. So I'm going to give myself $150 to spend on this stuff.

So roughly, this room will cost $950 to complete. It might not all happen at once since we have to save up, but it will happen in time. I'll post before pictures soon!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for 2 new blogs to follow (yours and Bee's)! Don't get mad that I haven't updated mine in over a year and probably won't. Or maybe oneday will. Thoroughly enjoyed yours!

    ReplyDelete