7.29.2010

I effing hate oranges

I've had a crappy day. Not a jump-off-a-bridge kinda day.
Just one of those days when things are irritating.
Like my boss. Who managed to get a virus on his computer that deleted his operating system.
So he bothered me all day about how this was really setting him behind.
Blah, blah, blah....
And then I came home and made dinner for some friends of our going through a tough time.
Luckily God was on my side for that one and the meal turned out perfect.
But my family's meal was a different story.
See I decided to experiment since the iodine free diet is limiting.
So I took 2 ingredients that I knew Evan could have and tried to make something "inventive".
Wrong.
Whoever on the internet publishes recipes for orange marmalade pork should be shot.
Because it is gross.
Did I mention I hate oranges??
But it was gross any way. So bad that Britton asked to go spit his out in the trash.
Poor kid. Poor husband. Slop for dinner.
And making cabbage as a side dish wasn't too smart either- just sayin'.

So to make up for my failure as a cook, I decided I would mow the lawn. I'm good at that.
Until the bleeping $400 bagger we own decided it wanted to get clogged repeatedly by the grass. I spent way too much time sticking my hand up the bagger shoot removing nasty grass before I decided to say screw it with the bagger and left the yard covered in clipping. I'm sure Evan is thrilled.
And I will be irritated for the rest of the week every time I look at the lawn.

So now, I'm drinking a margarita. And in case you are wondering, margaritas are iodine free.
And now I'm going to bed.
And thank God tomorrow is Friday.
Cause someone is getting hurt if I don't get some down time.

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there, girl. I definitely feel your pain. You are such a great, strong mom, friend and cook...and yard woman, apparently :) sometimes we just need to sit down and take care of ourselves for a minute instead...and i'd say a margarita is the perfect way to do that...can i come over next time you have one? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you. Tell me when it is has been enough time to at least laugh about Britton wanting to spit his out. You're doing a great job taking care of Evan. And you're a way better lawn mower than me. I just go for where there is grass sticking up and don't follow a pattern. :)

    ReplyDelete