7.26.2010

Happiness and Joy



Haley taught me a lesson tonight. Something that she learned at the camp she is going to this week.

She asked me if I knew the difference in happiness and joy. I thought I probably did, but I wanted her to tell me the answer. And her answer was beautiful.

She said that happiness was something that you could experience at any event. But joy, that was something that we could only experience through Jesus. It took Him dying for us to be able to experience joy.

And this I believe. And I am so glad that she does too. My baby knows real joy. The joy that only God can provide for her.

Later on I read the parent guide that was sent home from camp with her today. It said for the parents to sit with the kids and tell about moments of joy we had experienced through our children. Here's the problem- I couldn't talk through the answers to that without crying my eyes out. So I didn't tell my children about the joys they have brought me. I didn't want them to see me cry.

But every day is a joy with my children. Every day is like having sweet Jesus here telling me to be child-like.

It is a joy to watch them grow. It is a joy to watch them learn. Joy is watching them love each other.

Thank you Jesus for the joy of Haley and Britt.

No comments:

Post a Comment