4.10.2011

8 bags of sugar later





I did it.

I've lost 40 lbs. The equivalence of 8 bags of sugar. Or a large bag of cat food. Or a 4 year old.

I am so very excited to finally be a nice weight. A healthy weight. A weight that allows me to find cute clothes in my size.

It has been painful at times sticking to my diet. But not nearly as painful as it was having high blood pressure, migraines, breathing heavy and being super unhealthy.

It has all been worth it. The eating of salads, skipping desserts and staying away from the ice cream place. And the crazy thing is, I've totally gotten used to my new eating ways and really I'm not missing out on much. In fact, I can't physically eat like I used to. Which is a good thing.

I'm also embracing the fact that I am moving around so much better with 40 lbs less to carry around. I am truly a new me.

So now to the hard part- maintenance. I know I can do it. It's different this time. I want to keep it off. I have to keep it off. And I will.

Thanks for your encouragement throughout this process. It's only with the kind words of others that I have made this happen.


6 comments:

  1. Holy moly!! Look at you SKINNY!!! Wow! So impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so awesome, girl! I am, once again, so happy for you!!! I have been meaning to ask you if you had really been exercising too? or just sticking with the points? We can talk about it later :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. First, you look so amazing...just beautiful, happy, healthy and, yes, skinny! So proud of you for sticking with it for so long. Second, I went back through your blog to find one of those earlier pictures of you for a side-by-side comparison. The 10/14/10 shots are good. I was blown away by the difference. I hope you've looked at them to actually SEE how far you've come. Keep that "before" pic handy. It'll help with the maintenance. I speak from experience.
    Jeni

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look fantastic! Really and truly! I wish I had your motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations beautiful lady!

    ReplyDelete