3.06.2011

Irons in the Fire

Because I don't have enough stuff already going on in my life, I thought I'd start a little project.
Actually, I was totally inspired by my blogging friend Keight and her daughter's nursery redo project. She's a real go-getter and I dream but hardly ever act as quickly as I should. So thanks Keight for being the wind beneath my wings (you know- like Bette Midler).
For years now, I have stared at a pea green mess that is my kids playroom. It's not terrible, it's just bright and chipper and a little too baby-like for my kids at this point. Plus it has a border of frogs and flowers that pretty much makes me want to gag.

But I've never wanted to do anything with the playroom since I don't spend a whole lot of time in there and it doesn't bother my kids. But after being up there recently and trying to purge the mounds of old toys, I decided it was time to give the room a complete overhaul.

I spent a few hours last week looking for inspiration to no avail.
And I reported back to the hubby that I couldn't come up with anything that I didn't hate.
At which point Haley reminded both of us about a piece of artwork she saw at Target.
My kinda kid- a cheap decorator.

The art is simple. Slightly trendy and not at all childish. But also not unreasonable for a 5 and 10 year old. So we went with that.
I'm not going to show the piece until the great unveil which very well may be 10 years from now.
But it's a project that has begun.
And here's a peek at where it all started-

2 comments:

  1. I love watching projects via blogs and living vicariously through you gals who actually start and finish them! Excited to see how this progresses! Oh, and congrats on the new job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yessssssssssss. and total blue balls on the not revealing the art!

    ReplyDelete