1.24.2011

Someone Believes in Me

It took me years to get a Blackberry and now I get emails on demand.
I thought it was a good thing, but sometimes I think it's difficult to truly take in the words of a good email when you are riding in the car or standing in the kitchen or shopping at Target.
The other day I got an email from one of my heroes.
A short and simple email that I read quickly in the car.
It was a request.
A request for me to mentor a younger woman.
And my response was immediate- ABSOLUTELY!
Then I had the HOLY CRAP thought a few hours later when I looked at the email again and realized that someone was wanting me to share my life with a stranger. Someone thought I was worthy of sitting with and sharing with and growing with this girl.
I was floored.
I then happened to look down at my tattooed foot.
And 2 thoughts came to mind:
I wonder if she ever thought her mentor would have tattoos?
And I wonder if she will mind me starting my story by telling her about the scripture I have on my foot- the one that happens to be in the form of a tattoo.
Instantly I felt good about meeting my new friend.
The fear I had after realizing I made a huge commitment in a seconds time faded and the assurance that I was someone good to talk to, worthy of being a mentor took over.
I am ready to share 32 years of experience with confidence.
I am ready to share my story.

No comments:

Post a Comment