7.05.2011

Sock it to ya


The Peachtree Road Race. An event I had no business being a part of. Except for maybe sitting on the side of the course, atop a cooler, eating a doughnut.
But no. I decided I needed to be one of the cool kids.
And you know what? I finished it damn it.
The whole 6.2 miles. I did it.
I walked most of the way. But I walked like a champ.
And I did it in style. Striped socks and all.
And at the finish I got to see my baby girl and the man of my dreams who finished 17 minutes ahead of me.
But they were there waiting. Because they knew I could do it.
Yep- I can do anything. Because I am motivated by a desire to be the best I can be for my family.
Once I was weak, but now I am strong.
The sky is the limit. Who knows what I might try next!

2 comments:

  1. love everything about this! your socks, haleys skirt, the post, all of it!

    ReplyDelete