4.11.2010

Spring Break- I'm tired!

Here's a recap of our week of Spring Break. Evan and I both had to work, so we did as much as we could in the evenings to have fun with the kids. Overall, it was a success. Be we are all tired!

Monday- T-Ball practice. Britton and Evan practiced with their team and Haley and I went to the store to prepare a special dinner- FONDUE! Hello 1975! The kids loved it, and the house still smells like hot oil. We had beef and chicken to cook in the fondue pot and I made a Swiss cheese fondue in a seperate pot. We had chocolate dip and fruit for dessert. Delicious!

Tuesday night, Aunt Bee came for a visit and played with the kids while we went out for dinner. Dinner was a treat for us, but I am thinking the kids thought they were in heaven. I hear there was Play-Doh and all kinds of fun while we were gone. Evan and I ate Thai food and enjoyed each others company without someone going, "Daddy, Mama, Daddy, Mama" every five seconds! Thanks Bee!
Wednesday we went out to dinner at our kid's favorite place to eat, Chick-fil-A. I have to say that I am Sooooooo over CFA (I am really sorry to the tons of people that I know who work there!) but we wanted to take the kids since they love it. After dinner, we took a few loaves of leftover bread and went to Lake Kedron to feed the ducks and fish. We spent over an hour on the docks there feeding all of the animals. It was a great, no-cost adventure that the kids really enjoyed.
Thursday Evan went to the Masters and I took the kids to see "How to Train a Dragon". It was the best movie I have seen in a long time! Loved it. I think the kids both enjoyed it. Britt was a little scared at times. But he really enjoyed getting to eat popcorn and Coke for dinner (only during Spring Break), so he was happy.
Friday we had our very favorite, Mexican food, and then we went to Home Depot and bought a new John Deere lawn tractor. Not much of a planned activity for Spring Break, but the kids were excited about getting to see daddy's new toy. It was quite the fiasco and took almost 3 hours, but we got home around 10 that night with a shiny new green tractor. And the kids got to stay up late- that's a treat in itself for them!
Saturday we had a few quick errands to run and then all of the Bryant family came to our house for a gathering and dinner. It was great to see everyone since we have not all been together since Christmas. The weather was beautiful, so we all sat out in the yard and enjoyed each others company.
Finally, there was Sunday. Church, lunch and then burning a bunch of yard debris. Followed by laundry and watching the Masters. A lot of laundry!
And now we are all exhausted. And it's time for a normal school week. I'm hoping it will be a good one! Only 7 more weeks of school- that's hard to believe!

No comments:

Post a Comment