1.26.2011

Future Missionary

Evan and I have the honor of serving on our church's Missions Board.
Tonight we had an amazing meeting filled with great joy and a clear future about the missionaries that our church supports.
But what happened after the meeting will forever leave an impression on my life.
My sweet Haley asked me to tell her some of the names of the people our church supports that are missionaries.
I named a few and then I decided just to hand her the paperwork from our meeting and let her see all of the names.
She started down the list and said, "Mr.Nathan and Mrs.Erin, Jonathan and Heather, Pete and Abby, Mr.Rick...."
My child knew about 75% of the names on that list and most of them she has met personally.
She has eaten dinner with these families. She has played with their children. She has seen their ministries first hand.
And I would bet you that one day, her name might very well be on that list.
Our family is blessed to know so many great people sharing Jesus around the world.

2 comments:

  1. She is an AMAZING kid!!! You've done good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't doubt that her name will be on that list, either. such a sweetie.

    ReplyDelete