3.28.2010

The Farmer in the dell

We had a really great Sunday.
It all started with church of course. And boy am I glad we were there. The message was unbelievable and I would say it was written for Evan. It was from Galatians and talked about bearing each others burdens. And lately we have had to get used to allowing others to take some of the burden for us. It's been hard, but the message showed that it is ok to have help and to ask for help. But we should always remember to return the favor when others are in need. Loved the message! And love the guy who delivered the message, Coenraad Brand. A new friend of ours and the intern at our church. Here he is in action.

After church, we ate with friends from college. It was so nice to catch up with them and get to spend time visiting with them and their sweet little girl. It's also nice to know that we have friends who remain true even when we don't get to see each other as much as we would like to.

After lunch, we went home and did a little laundry before heading out to Home Depot. We are tryiing to find a new riding lawn mower so we went to investigate our options. We did not come home with a lawn mower, but we did come home with this:
a tomato plant
cucumber seedlings
a pepper plant
2 bags of soil
a window planter
and a rose bush

All because I got caught up in looking at all of the cool stuff Home Depot had sitting in the middle of the aisles in the gardening section. And since I have always aspired to live on a farm, I thought why not start a small farm in our kitchen. Since of course I could not plant anything in our yard because of the deer.

So here is what I ended up with, an indoor farm that I'm sure will make Martha Stewart proud. As long as I don't kill it of course. I envision coming home and picking fresh veggies and making all kinds of beautiful salads (haha)!

And here is a picture of my sweet little farming helper. And one of daddy and his helper. They managed to clean out some small trees and bushes from one of the islands by our house. It was so cute to see her helping her dad when I thought she would rather be planting stuff with me. She is certainly a daddy's girl and I have my little mama's boy.



No comments:

Post a Comment